Response to the current COVID-19 Situation
If you booked travel online and/or directly with a supplier and you need to cancel and/or rebook due to the current COVID-19 situation, please review this resource to check your airline’s or travel service supplier’s current refund policy.
Find the Resources relating to COVID-19 on the Government of Canada’s website here.
Suspension of Travel Bookings from now and until further notice
For international destinations with departure dates less than six month from booking date
Due to the current and continually changing global situation relating to COVID-19 and the international travel recommendations, restrictions and/or advisories placed by the Canadian government and many countries around the world, from now and until further notice, Kaz Custom Travel has suspended all travel bookings for clients wishing to travel to international destinations with departure dates less than six months from the booking date.
- all Women Only Tours featured on our website with departure dates less than six months from the booking date
- any escorted or self-drive tour itineraries, cruises or all-inclusive packages to international destinations with departure dates less than six months from the booking date, that are promoted or featured on our website, our Facebook page or via a supplier’s brochure or website (whether linked to from our website or not)
- any other travel services and custom travel arrangements for independent travel to destinations outside of Canada, such as flights, accommodations, car rental, or excursions, etc.
At this time, we are happy to continue helping with travel arrangements within Canada provided there are no travel restrictions in place to the desired destination. However, this is subject to change at any time in the future as the situation changes and/or government restrictions are also placed on domestic travel.
Future International Travel Arrangements
We know many clients will want to resume travelling once global travel restrictions are lifted and COVID-19 is no longer a global health threat, particularly to the vulnerable. However, since we do not know when that will be, in the best interests of our clients, from now and until September 30th, 2020 or until such time that travel advisories and restrictions for COVID-19 are lifted from a client’s desired destination, we will only provide quotes and book travel services on behalf of clients for departures that are at least 6 months from the initial booking date under certain circumstances.
If you see a tour, or would like to arrange future travel (over six months away), please review the information below.
For travel with a departure date that is between six months and nine months from booking date
For all international travel that is booked between six months and nine months from departure date, Kaz Custom Travel will only provide quotes and book travel services relating to the client’s proposed trip under the following circumstances:
- Canada has already lifted the global travel restrictions relating to COVID-19 for non-essential travel, and
- There are no Canadian travel advisories/risks relating to COVID-19 for the client’s desired destination(s) at the time of the quote or booking request, and/or that
- Where travel restrictions for COVID-19 are still in place at the time of the booking(s):
- Only a small or refundable deposit is required with booking
- Final payment due date is no more than 60 days before departure date
- All deposit payments are refundable prior to trip guarantee and/or final payment due date
- All services relating to the trip are fully refundable or less the trip deposit as outlined in the specific supplier’s policies, until at least 30 days before travel or
- Where a refund is not available, travel may be re-booked for a later date in the event that COVID-19 is still an ongoing threat or a recurring threat 10 days prior to travel, and/or a credit for future travel for an undetermined departure date of at least one year from original departure date can be issued, and
- The client acknowledges that they understand that their entire trip may be cancelled at a later date as a result of COVID-19 and that it will not be covered by travel insurance*
For travel with a departure date that is more than nine months from booking date
From now and until such time that all Canadian travel restrictions and travel advisories relating to COVID-19 are removed or this notice is updated or removed, where a client requests a quote or booking for travel to an international destination with a departure date that is more than 9 months from booking date, we recommend that clients only book under the following circumstances:
- a small or no deposit is required with booking or
- deposits are refundable until trip guarantee date or final payment due date, and/or
- a date change or cancellation is permitted prior to 30 days before travel with no additional fee and/or
- if cancellation is required, a credit for future travel for an undetermined departure date of at least one year from original departure date can be issued
If a client decides to book, they will be asked to acknowledge that their trip may need to be cancelled (by themselves or the supplier) if the situation with COVID-19 continues beyond their final payment due date and/or their travel dates, and that their trip may not be covered by travel insurance including cancellation and EHM.*
Travel Advisories & Restrictions
Travel advisories and restrictions continually change, we therefore recommend clients check all travel advisories and restrictions for their desired destination(s) before booking travel arrangements, before their deposit becomes non-refundable, before final payment date, and before departure. We also recommend that travel insurance with CFAR is purchased at the time of their initial booking. Travel insurance does not cover everything, and your trip will not be covered for COVID-19 if purchased (current at time of publication), but you may need to cancel for another unforeseen personal reason, event or travel advisory.
*Client Acknowledgement / Waiver
It is always the client’s choice to travel. We will provide the client with links to all known travel advisories/restrictions for their desired destination prior to their booking, but it is the client’s choice to book despite any recommendations we may make to the contrary. All clients will be asked to sign a booking waiver acknowledging that they understand the risks, which we will provide prior to processing any payments for travel services.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will update this notice as and when necessary.
Dreaming of when you can experience the world again after COVID-19 is over?
Start planning your dream trip and beat the crowds to it!
If you have a destination on your bucket list and you would like to start planning for future travel, Kaz Custom Travel is happy to help you arrange everything needed for a truly authentic, immersive and enriching experience. Remember we will only book travel that is over six months from away, but there’s no harm in gathering ideas and information now!