Travel Booking & Client Support FeePrivate Group or Charter (pre-planned by Kaz, a Trevello/TPI colleague or a travel supplier partner with a Specific Itinerary, Departure Date & Duration
- Travel Styles: Private Small Group Tour, Safari or Rail Journey, Private Group or Charter on Ocean Cruise or River Cruise, or Private Retreat.
- Trip Duration: As detailed in the itinerary for the Group or Charter being booked.
- Travel Services: Travel Advising, Travel Arranging, Having Your Back.
- What You Get: Travel Advice, Travel Arrangements and Client Support relating to a specific Pre-Planned Private Group Tour, Safari, Private Retreat, or Cruise Group or Charter, or other pre-planned trip.
- Additional Travellers: $45 pp for additional adults on same booking. Our private groups and charters are not available to children under 12.
- Flight Availability & Bookings (unless included as part of package or offered by supplier and arranged at time of booking request)
- Add-ons and Extra Nights (unless included as optional add-ons or extras on itinerary and arranged at time of booking request)
- Booking Changes and Cancellations
Custom Travel Planning & Client Support FeeFor Tailormade Travel Arrangements (custom itinerary with up to 5 travel service items or suppliers, e.g. cruise or tour with extensions, flights, transfers, and/or excursions, custom rail journey or chauffeur driven / self-drive tours)**
- Travel Styles: Fully Independent Travel, Tailor-made Private Group Tours, Mixed Travel Styles (including combining or customizing supplier itineraries or packages).
- Trip Duration: Up to 14 Days. For longer durations, please request quote.
- Travel Services: Travel Consulting, Match-Making, Travel Planning, Travel Advising, Travel Arranging, Having Your Back.
- What you Get: A 1-hour Planning Consultation (or written equivalent) to determine all your travel requirements and wishes, 4 hours of Travel Research to find the perfect match for all your travel needs, desires and interests and to create one Trip Proposal with a unique itinerary tailored to you. Up to two quotes for international return flights, after acceptance of Trip Proposal, if not included as part of the Trip Proposal.
- Plus: Travel Advice, Travel Arrangements (including booking and finalizing all components of the itinerary in the Trip Proposal and international flights if not included in the Trip Proposal), and Client Support relating to your trip.
- Additional Travellers: $100 pp for up to 3 additional adults on the same itinerary and booking. For larger groups and families with children under 12, please request quote.
- Additional Consultations or Research: $50 per hour
- Additional Trip Proposals or changes to the Trip Proposal
- Booking/Itinerary Changes and Cancellations
- Any third-party travel service requested after confirmation and acceptance of trip proposal.
Travel Research & Client Support FeePackaged Tour, Cruise or Vacation (where client wants to compare pricing of a specific variable eg. dates or resorts)
- Travel Styles: Packaged Trips, including Escorted Group Tours, Self-Guided Tours, Ocean Cruises, River Cruises, All-Inclusive Vacations.
- Trip Duration: Up to 15 Days. For longer durations, please request quote.
- Travel Services: Travel Consulting, Match-Making, Travel Advising, Travel Arranging, Having Your Back.
- What You Get: A half-hour Consultation, Travel Research for availability and pricing for up to 3 Tour, Cruise or Vacation packages/itineraries, plus Travel Advice, Travel Arrangements and Client Support relating to your trip.
- Additional Travellers: $50 pp for up to 3 additional adults on the same booking. For larger groups or children under 12, please request quote.
- Additional Quotes.
- Flight Availability & Bookings (unless included as part of package or offered by supplier)
- Add-ons and Extras Nights (unless offered by supplier and arranged at time of booking request)
- Booking Changes and Cancellations
*The Primary Traveller is the CLIENT and may be a Solo Traveller (travelling independently or with a group), the First Named Traveller on a Booking (couple/family) or the Group Co-ordinator / Host on a Tailor-made Private Group Itinerary.
**Our Custom Travel Planning & Client Support Fee may include up to 5 third party travel services and a trip proposal with up to 3 quotes/options per individual travel service/supplier. A quote will be required for more complex itineraries.
NOTE: Our Professional Travel Planning Fees are subject to change at any time without notice. For complex itineraries, trips of longer durations, larger groups and/or tailor-made private group itineraries for you and your gal pals, interest group or multi-generational family, and/or any other travel service requests, please request a quote. We prefer not to book flight only trips, however, if you cannot find what you’re looking for, please ask for our Flight Bookings Fee Schedule if you need our help researching and booking your flight(s). For all other travel services, please request a quote. There is no fee to obtain a quote and/or purchase Travel Insurance relating to a trip booked with us, however, we may charge a fee for Travel Insurance only quotes.
All fees are in Canadian Dollars and exclude applicable taxes.
About Kaz Custom Travel's Professional Travel Planning Fees
- Our Professional Travel Planning Fees are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be applied against the cost of your trip.
- Unless otherwise stated in the description, a travel planning quote or other written communication from Kaz Custom Travel, our Professional Travel Planning Fees do NOT include booking changes and cancellations (see below).
- Our Planning Fees relate to a specific trip as communicated in the initial consultation, by email or submitted through one of our website request forms prior to using our Travel Planning Services.
- Should your travel requirements change significantly resulting in cancellation and rebooking, new or additional research & quotes, or a new or additional tailor-made itinerary or trip proposal, a new planning fee will be charged accordingly. This may also be classed as a new trip.
- Missed Booking/Payment Deadline: If the client decides not to book or misses the booking/payment deadline(s) for a Pre-Planned Private Group or Charter or Packaged Tour, Cruise or Vacation, a new travel planning fee will be charged for a new booking and/or any new research/quotes requested. This will be classed as a new trip.
- Booking/Itinerary Changes: Changes to a reservation/itinerary that do not require cancelling the booking are subject to change fees only (see below).
- Cancelling & Requoting/Rebooking: In addition to cancellation fee(s), a new or additional travel planning fee will be charged for each cancelled service item (e.g. flight, accommodation, transfer, tour, cruise) that needs requoting and/or rebooking. If all components of a trip itinerary are cancelled and need to be requoted / rebooked, this will be classed as a new trip.
- Unbooked Service Item(s) on a Trip Proposal: Any service item(s) on a Trip Proposal requiring a requote before booking will result in an additional service fee. This will not be classed as a new trip unless all items on the itinerary/proposal need requoting.
- Significant Changes to Trip Requirements: If the client makes significant or multiple changes to trip requirements (e.g. different tour or cruise itinerary or supplier, different destination(s) or resort(s), different dates or duration) after receiving quotes or a trip proposal, resulting in new research, quotes, trip proposal and/or multiple rebookings, this will be classed as a new trip and a new planning fee will be charged accordingly.
Kaz Custom Travel Booking Change Fees
- A change fee will be charged each time a change is made to a service item after booking confirmation or after trip proposal approval.
- These change fees are in addition to any change fee(s) charged by the supplier(s) and any non-refundable amounts noted in their terms and conditions.
- For solo and independent travellers, our change fee is $25 per item changed on the original booking or trip proposal (e.g. name change, passport number change, hotel change, date change).
- For couples, families or individuals travelling on the same booking, our change fee is $35 per household per item changed on the original booking or trip proposal.
Kaz Custom Travel Booking Cancellation Fees
- The minimum booking cancellation fee is $50 per booking to cover our time and administration costs required to cancel your booking and to obtain refunds where applicable.
- For itineraries with multiple service items being cancelled, the cancellation fee will be $25 for each additional item cancelled for solo travellers and individuals from different households travelling on the same booking, and $50 for each additional item cancelled per household travelling on the same itinerary/booking.
- These cancellation fees are in addition to any fee(s) charged by the supplier(s) and any non-refundable amounts noted in their terms and conditions.
Important Information about Travel Insurance- Please Read
- It is highly recommended that you protect your travel investment by purchasing travel insurance that includes Trip Cancellation & Interruption as well as Emergency Hospital & Medical.
- We also recommend that you include cancel for any reason (CFAR) which must be purchased within 24 hours of making a payment for any service item you would like to protect.
- If your cancellation is for an insurable reason as per your insurance policy coverage, and you make a claim, any cancellation fees and non-refundable insured portions of your trip may be reimbursed if your claim is approved.